Cliq.com is committed to protecting your personal information. We have prepared this Privacy Statement (“Statement”) so you can learn more about what information is collected about you, how it is used, and what choices you have in accessing or correcting it.
The following tables summarize, at a very high level, the contents of our complete and unabridged Privacy Statement, which can be found in its entirety below. They are included for convenience only.
|Why?||Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.|
|What?||The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
|How?||All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons Cliq chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.|
|Reasons we can share your personal information||Does Cliq share?||Can you limit this sharing?|
|For our everyday business purposes— such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus||Yes||No|
|For our marketing purposes— to offer our products and services to you||Yes||No|
|For joint marketing with other financial companies||No||We do not share|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes— information about your transactions and experiences||No||We do not share|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes— information about your creditworthiness||No||We do not share|
|For our affiliates to market to you||No||We do not share|
|For non-affiliates to market to you||No||We do not share|
|Who we are|
|Who is providing this notice?||“Cliq” (www.cliq.com)|
|What we do|
|How does Cliq protect my financial information?||To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.|
|How does Cliq collect my financial information?||We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
We also collect your personal information from other companies.
|Why can’t I limit all sharing?||Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing. See below for more on your rights under state law.
|Affiliates||Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.|
|Nonaffiliates||Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
Cliq does not share with non-affiliates so they can market to you.
|Joint marketing||A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
Cliq does not jointly market bank products with other financial Companies.
|Other important information|
|If you are a resident of California or Vermont, we will not share with non-affiliates except for our own marketing purposes, our everyday business purposes, or with your consent. Nevada residents: We are providing this notice pursuant to Nevada law.|
- SCOPE/APPLICATION: This Privacy Statement describes how we may collect, store and use information you provide to us.
- Coverage: This Statement covers your use of our services, products, technologies, website and marketing content (collectively referred to as our “Services”). By using any Service, including without limitation, applying or signing up for an account, making use of our website or smartphone app, or conducting transactions via any card or instrument issued to you, you accept the terms outlined in this Privacy Statement. You also consent to the collection, use, disclosure, sharing and retention of your personal information as described below, and for all other purposes permitted under applicable law or regulation. If you do not agree with the terms this or any future Privacy Statement, or to our data collection and use policies, you should refrain from using our Services.
- Personal Information: Throughout this Statement, we will refer to ” personal information” as any information that is associated with, or can be used to identify, a specific individual. We do not consider “personal information” to include information that has been “de-identified” to such extent that it can no longer reasonably identify any specific person. For purposes of this Statement, “personal Information” shall also include “Cardholder Data” and “Sensitive Authentication Data,” as such concepts are defined under the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (“PCI-DSS”).
- Changes to this Statement: We may make changes to this Statement from time-to-time to reflect changes in applicable laws or regulations, and changes to our business or our services. When any changes are made, we will post a revised version of this Statement and update the “Last revision” date provided below. Any changes will become effective when posted unless indicated otherwise. We encourage you to check our website regularly to ensure that you are aware of the latest updates, and whenever you use any of our Services. Your continued use of Services following an update will be treated as your acceptance of any revision or update up to and including the date of said use.
- Supplemental Policies: In addition, this Statement may be supplemented by additional statements, policies or notices that may apply to one or more of your Services and, by extension, to you. Such additional statements, policies or notices are intended to be read together with, and incorporated by reference into, this Privacy Statement. One such Supplemental Policy covers our Prepaid card offerings, and is available here.
- Third-Party Websites: This Statement only applies to Cliq and persons or entities that it owns, manages or otherwise controls. Cliq does not and cannot speak for companies or people that it does not own or control, may contain links to other destinations on the Internet whose privacy practices may be different from Cliq’s, and that have varying scopes of coverage. If you disclose information to any other party, different terms may apply to their use and disclosure of information, and Cliq has no control over any information (personal or otherwise) that you submit to external sites. As such, you are encouraged to carefully review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
- WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED: Cliq® collects personal information only when you register with Cliq or use Cliq products or services. This may include identifying details about you, such as your name, address, date of birth, social security or tax ID number, government-issued identification (such as a driver’s license or passport), email address and telephone number. Information may also be collected from you through one or more technical processes, such as details concerning the name of your Internet Service Provider, the Internet Protocol (“IP”) assigned to you, the type of Internet browser you are using, the specific HTML page(s) you accessed on our site, and the Media Access Control (“MAC”) address of your computer, smartphone or other device. We may also access certain information via cookies and similar technologies, as described in greater detail below.
- HOW INFORMATION IS USED: Cliq uses personal information in relation to the manner in which you interact with Cliq. For example, Cliq uses personal information to: (i) customize the content you see on our website, legal disclosures or other communications; (ii) fulfill your product or service requests; (iii) improve our products and services (or add new ones); (iv) process transactions; (v) open and close accounts; (vi) keep records; and (vii) other uses related to our product and service offerings.
- YOUR CHOICES: In most cases, users may access, change, or correct information by logging into the account. If, however , you are unable to access your account information , whether due to technical difficulties or because the change mechanism is not otherwise available for your specific account configuration, you may send a written request to us using the contact details below. In this written request, please clearly state what specific data you would like to have corrected or changed. Be advised that we will need to confirm your identity before changing or correcting any of your information. We may also, from time to time, send you notifications concerning updates to our Services, policies or to our website. Each update-related correspondence will include a link or other method for “opting-out” of future messages, which you are free to do at any time.
- INFORMATION SHARED WITH THIRD PARTIES: Cliq limits access to your personal information wherever possible to only those individuals or entities that we reasonably believe have a legitimate need to know the information. Cliq neither sells, rents, licenses, loans nor otherwise distributes any personally-identifiable information about any of its users. We may, however, share information about you with third parties in order to:
- Comply with a valid subpoena, court order, investigative demand, discovery request, or other form of legal inquiry;
- Establish or exercise our rights or those of our affiliates;
- Defend ourselves or our affiliates against legal claims;
- Investigate or take action concerning any potentially unlawful activities, including the violation of any agreement we or our affiliates have with you;
- To rectify any potential threats to our safety, your safety, or the safety of others;
- Satisfy the requirements of any law or regulation;
- Effectuate a merger, acquisition, financing, transfer, or other form of ownership change involving all or any portion of Cliq’s stock or assets;
- COOKIES: Cliq may set and access first-party “cookies” and similar preference-preservation items on your computer. We use this information to customize your visit to our website, and to help us see how the site is used. If you do not want cookies placed on your device, this can often be prevented by changing certain settings in your Internet browser. Please consult the pertinent “help” files or user documentation for assistance in this regard. Be advised, however, that certain aspects of our website and other Services may not be available or provide the same level of interactivity and customization if these tools are disabled.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY: Except for certain limited very specific circumstances (which will be explicitly identified) Cliq does not direct or target any of it Services, including, without limitation, this website, at children under 13 years of age, and Cliq will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and feel that we have received or used any personal information concerning your child without proper consent, please notify us in writing via any of the methods listed below so that we may investigate and, if needed, take corrective measures.
- SECURITY: Cliq takes information security very seriously. We use reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect and limit access to our systems and information. Safeguards are implemented in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations, such as the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (“GLBA”) and PCI-DSS, and may include, without limitation, network firewalls, encryption, anti-virus software and procedures for controlling physical access to our facilities. In addition, our staff receives regular training in sound security practices and the proper handling of customer information. Please note, however, that no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and it is therefore important for you to take affirmative steps on our your own to help protect your personal information. For example, you should always use “strong” passwords, and never share them with anyone. You should also let us know immediately in writing if your personal information has been compromised in any way.
- PCI-DSS COMPLIANCE: Cliq is compliant with the PCI-DSS as a “Level 1” merchant/agent. Proof of said compliance is available upon written request.
- CALIFORNIA AND VERMONT RESIDENTS: These states permit residents additional controls over the use of their personal information. In particular, unless you specify otherwise in writing, we may share your personal information with companies we own or control, or that own or control us (our “affiliates”). If you are a resident of either California or Vermont, and do not want this information shared for any reason, please let us know in writing via the contact methods listed below. However, please be advised that such sharing may be necessary in order to provide you with our full complement of Services, and a limitation on such sharing could impact our ability to provide Services in the manner you desire.
- CONTACT: Please feel free to contact us at any time with questions or concerns regarding this Statement or any of the topics discussed herein.
Mailing address: 655 Baker St., Building F, Costa Mesa, CA 92626, U.S.A. e-Mail: email@example.com Fax: 1 (714) 862-1224 Note: Please put “PRIVACY INQUIRY” as the subject of your message.
Last revision date: August 2, 2017